Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Big Move

Yesterday was the big move to Wisconsin. The weather was gorgeous for the drive, unfortunately I was a nervous wreck the entire time. I packed my car to the tip top and the only way to see any oncoming traffic was in my two side mirrors. Let me give you a piece of advice, NEVER drive through Chicago traffic with no way to check for oncoming cars! Every time I changed lanes I literally cringed and let out a little prayer that I wouldn't get hit!
With the help of my sister Mary and my mom, we got my room completely unpacked and set up by early evening (I'll post a picture tomorrow if I can) and we were able to hang out the rest of the night and this morning. We went to dinner and Walmart and I had my first big encounter with the accent here. I thought that our waitress was just kidding because she sounded ridiculous! (like full blown Canadian accent from Strange Brew) but that's really how people talk up here! They must all think I'm a country girl because my y'alls and howdy's just don't fit in! :) Unfortunately, it was a sad morning for my mother this morning, who I think wishes that I wasn't handling the move so well. It was very hard to say goodbye to her and my dad, but I know that everything's going to be alright.
Mary and Adam had me drive around town tonight because tomorrow I have to try to get around on my own so I can hunt up a job for myself! I'm pretty sure at some point I'm going to get lost and have to send up a flare for rescue because it's raining cats and dogs (and is supposed to the rest of the week)and they'll have to rescue me with a boat!
Not much else to say, I've mainly spent the day with Mary and Adam being quiet. I don't think it's really hit me yet that I'm not going to be coming home in a few days and going back to work like I normally do. And in case I didn't express myself well enough at the time we said goodbye, let me just tell you all now how much I love you! To my BP ladies, my days will never be the same without you all. You are each wonderful people and you're much funnier than you may realize. Working was a pleasure because I got to spend each day having fun mostly and working a little! haha... To all my other friends (you know who you are) I LOVE YOU! I probably didn't express how much, or how much I'm going to miss you, but I promise I will! I'll be calling soon!
Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too :)